The meeting was called to order by Lori at 6:27pm
Board:, Alida o, Lori h, Ann s, Melanie, Sean G
Staff: Virginia t, Catherine H
Regrets: Mike S, Scott T
Approval of Agenda
Approval and Signing of October's Minutes
n/a - Scott to review and approve via email.
Enrollment: not much has changed, we are 2 short in PS RM 103. Having trouble filling the spots.
Other rooms are fine.
Alida to advertise on the website that there are 2 spaces available - p/t
Dave (Ann's husband) looked at the lease agreement for the B&A care. There are a few concerns. But comparatively they are what we are already dealing with in terms of our lease with the tdsb.
Areas we are going to try and amend:
1) short turn around upon termination of space. - change to 1 year
2) cheques for summer lease are upfront. - we need a refund security buffer.
3) clear up the first page - unclear
We are to send a letter with our amendments first, before we send the signed lease.
Before and After care for Parent Teacher interviews: we need to relocate all the kids from 4-6pm on Thursday and 8-12 on Friday. We need a temp license from the province permit for the gym for the few hours.
There was a bit of a communication breakdown between teachers and daycare in regards to the move for PT interviews. But all has been rectified.
Budget: due Dec 1 - incorporate all the changes at JDCC, 29k coming out as a grant.
Policy updates: Violence in workplace - Alida to revise and resend out.
H&S policy - Virginia revised and mike to sign.
Criminal Reference Check - Alida to revise and send out or add if missing, state clearly that it is ok to leave staff with kids if CRC has been done, but just needs updating.
Financial Policy- Virginia to re-evaluate
Flow of kids from Preschool room to Before and After JK is 22, JK to SK is 19 - look at b&a care for next year. We are full in the B&A care for next year without going into the community.
Ann is preparing a survey to go out to the JK/Sk parents who are staying in the daycare. and those who are going into school aged. There are currently 21 new JR school aged children. Need to survey in February. Ann to continue working on and send out for approval.
Toddler program - talk to Irene A. about grants
PD budget - over on Professional Dev. staff routinely checks for approval. There is room in the budget for these submissions. one of the PD submissions was for an ADK course V proposes we pay for 1/2 - we are over by $469 for the year. Approve: Ann Second: Alida
nothing to report
Newsletter - Virginia sent stuff to Lori. Alida to send to Lori. Anyone else to send?
Holiday concert - 2nd week December - find out APS and HPAS concert dates... Dec 11th? Each room does their own craft etc...snacks and cider - provided
Summer Survey - field trips are popular, thought lunch should be included.
CWAD - good time had by all.
Dec Meeting - Mon 9th, Ann to host, potluck
Motion to adjourn was made at 8:08 pm